LONG COVE POINT ASSOCIATION, INC.
Chamberlain, ME 04541
Minutes of the meeting of the
Board of Directors
July 10, 2005.
1. The meeting was called to order by Chairperson Anne Bullis at noon in the clubhouse.
Present were: Anne Bullis, Fred Fondriest, Bill Perry, Bill Addison, Jack Campbell (President, non-voting)) and Elizabeth Vercoe (Secretary, non-voting). Doug Alcox, Jess Welch and Ed Shepherd were absent. The board planned to appoint Doug Alcox as the new president for a term of one year beginning at the annual meeting next week and ending at the annual meeting in 2006.
2. Discussion opened with concerns about the condition of the clubhouse, particularly the roof, the underpinings of the structure, and the need for painting. Roofer Ganson arrived with an estimate of $4,300 for roof repairs and a sample of the suggested shingle type. Since several members knew and liked his work and reliability, Bill Addison moved and Bill Perry seconded that the board accept the estimate and authorize the work to begin on the flat roof and bathroom contingent on availability of funds. (The treasurer's report is expected prior to the Annual Meeting next week to clarify the availability of funds.) There was additional discussion about the need for repainting the clubhouse and shoring up the structure. Jack Campbell will work with the House Committee to investigate costs and make recommendations.
3. The question of raising dues was discussed in connection with expenses for the clubhouse repairs. Several members pointed out that the dues had not been raised in many years. The continued repayment of the tennis court loan as well as other club expenses were noted. Bill Addison moved and Bill Perry seconded a motion to raise the dues from $20 to $30 a year.
4. Term lengths of board members were noted with Fred Fondriest and Bill Perry ending their terms in 2005, Ed Shepherd and Jess Welch in 2006, and Bill Addison, Anne Bullis, and Doug Alcox in 2007.
5. Donations to the Bristol Historical Society and First Responders at $25 and $50 respectively were recommended for approval at the Annual Meeting.
The meeting was adjourned at 12:40 pm.